The admission to the Institute for Theater Studies for PhD-students follows a structured selection process. Application deadline for the winter semester 2018/19 is August 20, 2018.
Requirements for admission are a successful university degree (Master thesis), a convincing doctoral project and very good professional qualifications.
Required application documents:
- outline of your dissertation project (max. 5 pages)
- curriculum vitae
- name of your desired supervisor
- name and contact details of two university teachers (referees)
- certificate of qualification for university matriculation (highest school diploma)
- copies of all academic degrees/ university transcripts (certificates in other languages than German, English or French have to be handed in with a certified translation)
- abstract and a key chapter of your Master thesis
A commission of professors of the Institute selects eligible candidates in a two-stage process: After reviewing all application documents, all short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Submit the application by August 20, 2018 at the online application portal. Please use this portal for your entire application and do not send us any additional attachments by email. The application portal will be opened when the application procedure begins (from July 2, 2018 to August 20, 2018).
Important information for international candidates:
Before enrolling at the LMU, international candidates must register with the International Office (closing dates: January 15 for the summer semester and July 15 for the winter semester).
For further and general information about doctoral studies at the LMU see